Monday, August 25, 2008

Welcome to the Daily Plié!

So I decided to become a blogger. After all this time giving my sister a hard time that no one ever reads her blog and it's just silly...I decided to convert. I mean why not? I love to journal...why not do it online and make it look cute? plus it's a good way to keep up with people. Really, for a college student, it's just another way to waste time before doing homework (but i'm not much of a procrastinator, i'm a let's get things done kind of girl).

Well to begin, I decided to explain the title of my blog. Most people are going to look at it and say, "What in the world does pli
é mean?" It means to bend the knees in french. Obviously from my picture (which is a
demonstration of a pli
é) it is a technical dance term. For those that know me well know I LOVE to dance and have done it all my life, and now I share my gift with precious little girls. Every dancer can tell you that in every practice, pliés are a must. Without fail, we do them every time. They strengthen our legs, help us with balance and coordination. Even in warm ups in jazz, we do them. I did not realize until I started teaching, the importance of doing them each week, and doing them correctly in all five positions. So I decided it was fit for my blog since I'll be talking about my life and things I have to do every day. So.... I hope you enjoy The Daily Plié!!


1 comment:

Denyse said...

Oh. Christa. I'm so glad you decided to join the blogging world. I will add you to my blogroll, if that is ok with you. And I will check on you frequently, so don't forget to post often...or I will be sad :(